European STEM League
How to enthuse students for Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths? Eleven school teams from Czech Republic, Germany, Georgia, Italy, Romania, Spain, Switzerland and Turkey showed how at the international European STEM League finals on 20-21 October 2017 at the German Football Museum in Dortmund.
Proudly supported by SAP and the SAP Charitable Fund, Science on Stage invited STEM teachers to implement experiments about 'Football in Science Teaching' with their classes and document the results in a creative way. At the final the best teams were now competing with their projects for the title European STEM Champion.
We heartily congratulate the teams 'Blocks' and 'GeOMagnus' from Romania (1. Place), 'MA12-Energy' from Germany (2. Place) and 'Liceo Ilaria Alpi' from Italy (3. Place) on their big success!
Our finalists and European STEM Champions:
- Nino Abesadze and Pavle Rukhaia, Tbilisi, Georgia
- Selçuk Yusuf Arslan and Sabri Murat Oruncak, Ankara, Turkey
- Marta Ferrater and Xavier Fenosa, Castelldefels / Barcelona, Spain
- Mihaela Giurgea, Corina Toma and Felicia Vălean, Cluj Napoca, Romania
- Tibor Gyalog and Nicole Traber, Basel / Münchenstein, Switzerland
- Stefan Melzer and Petra Borchmann, Königs Wusterhausen, Germany
- Miguel Angel Queiruga Dios and Noelia Velasco Pérez, Burgos, Spain
- Jitka Soukupová and Eva Sůvová, Stribro, Czech Republic
- Catalina Stanca and Mihaela Ciapa, Galati, Romania
- Heiko Stangl and Monika Krämer, Heidelberg, Germany
- Romina Tanzi and Matilde D'Alò, Rutigliano, Italy