Partners and Supporters
Future scientists, IT specialists and engineers need appealing STEM classes. That is why Science on Stage supports teachers in their continuous professional development.
The lack of skilled workers has become a severe problem all across Europe. Teachers are the key to bridging the skills gap in young people and many more societal challenges of the future. With great hands-on ideas and concepts, they enthuse students for STEM careers and help them to develop essential skills such as critical thinking, problem solving and collaboration.
Contact: Stefanie Schlunk (Chair Science on Stage Europe)
Phone: +49 30/40 00 67 40 | email@example.com
Picture: ©Jean-Luc Richter: Michael Kleinemeier, Member of the Executive Board SAP SE (2015-2020), STEM League
What to support at Science on Stage
In our network the teachers set the agenda. They know about the challenges in everyday schoollife and define what is required when dealing with important issues such as inclusion, digital literacy, sustainability or language promotion. Teachers in our network develop feasible solutions from teachers for teachers. We support their exchange of best practice teaching ideas and help them to spread these to as many classrooms as possible.
As a partner or supporter you can
- present your institution and your projects at a stand or workshop at one of our Science on Stage festivals
- support us in organising a teacher training in your region on a topic relevant to you
- support us in realising a national or international teacher project on developing teaching material about a current educational topic
As a partner or supporter of Science on Stage you
- gain access to a Europe-wide network of STEM teachers that has grown for over 15 years
- support the scientists, IT specialists and engineers of the future
- benefit from cooperations and synergy effects with already existing education/school activities
- benefit from our press work: logo on flyers, materials, monthly newsletter, homepage, press review, naming in press releases Europe-wide, social media etc.
We are also open to new forms of collaboration. If you have own ideas for cooperations, please turn to us.
Of course you can also support us with a donation.
Chair: Stefanie Schlunk
Tel. +49 30/40 00 67 40 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Reviewed and recommended: Science on Stage works!
In Germany Science on Stage was in 2017 awarded the impact label of the independent rating agency PHINEO which identifies projects with especially strong potential to bring about social change.
Also in Germany, the SIEMENS Stiftung awarded in 2018 the national Science on Stage festival with a special prize in the category "Discovering STEM education from a new point of view".
In 2018 we were also nominated on the shortlist of the Beyond Sport Global Awards 2018 for our international teacher project "iStage 3 - Football in Science Teaching" and the teacher-student competition "European STEM League".
We are particularly proud that the best teachers are involved in Science on Stage.
Lately, our educators were honoured with the Global Teacher Award 2018, the International School Award 2018 Dubai, the STEM Enthuse Award 2018, the International LUMA StarT Education Awards 2018, the 2018 Lise Meitner Medal and Prize of IOP, the School Biology Teacher of the Year 2018 Award (UK), the 2016 Bragg Medal and prize of IOP and many more.
To ensure the quality of our activities we are regularly evaluated. The recent results of the evalution of our Science on Stage festival 2019 demonstrate that the exchange of teachers at Science on Stage has a positive impact on the motivation and joy in the profession!
- 90*% of participating teachers have incorporated ideas that were presented at Science on Stage events into their own lessons.
- 90% of participating teachers have incorporated ideas, they had acquired through Science on Stage events into teacher training in their home countries and thus functioned as multipliers.
- 92% of the paticipants established international contacts; over 55% of them made at least 4 good contacts 1 year after the festival.
- 77% of the participants rate the sustainability effect of the festival as high; 73% of them stated to apply also for the next festival.
*The participant survey took place before, during and twelve months after the Science on Stage festival 2019
Find more information about our impact here.
Facts and Figures
Since 2011 Science on Stage Europe is a non-profit organisation based in Berlin. Our network reaches around 100,000 teachers in over 30 countries (last extrapolation by the national Science on Stage representatives 2019).
>> Flyer Science on Stage Europe
>> Science on Stage Position and Statements
>> Science on Stage Facts and Figures
Main Supporter of Science on Stage Europe
The main supporter of the Science on Stage Europe office is the Federation of German Employers’ Associations in the Metal and Electrical Engineering Industries (GESAMTMETALL) with its initiative think ING.
Further Partner and Supporter of Science on Stage Europe
Cooperation since 2021 to support European STEM teachers’ professional development and to inspire students for STEM subjects.
Partner and Supporter of further projects
Sustainability in STEM Education (Start 2020)
Coding in STEM Education and European Code League (2017-2021)
Football in Science Teaching and European STEM League (2015-2017)
Smartphones in Science Teaching (2013-2014)
ICT in Science Teaching (2011-2013)
The Capital City of Prague | Jablotron Foundation | Česká spořitelna Foundation
Elixír do škol | Science on Stage Czech Republic
Science on Stage festival 2019
Municipality of Cascais
Science on Stage Portugal | NUCLIO
Science on Stage festival 2017
City of Debrecen
Science on Stage Hungary ׀ MTA Atomki Institute ׀ University of Debrecen
Science on Stage festival 2015
Queen Mary University of London
In cooperation with
The Royal Society ׀ IBM ׀ CLEAPSS
STFC ׀ SEPnet ׀ The Gatsby Foundation
Science on Stage festival 2013
In cooperation with
Siemens Stiftung ׀ INTEL ׀ Adam Mieckiewicz University in Poznań ׀ Land Brandenburg ׀ Heidehof Stiftung
Science on Stage festival 2011
Danish Ministry of Education
think ING. ׀ Fondation H. Dudley Wright ׀ Shell ׀ L’Oréal Foundation ׀ Novozymes ׀ Danfoss Universe ׀ Maersk Oil ׀ Novo Nordisk Procter & Gamble ׀ INTEL
Science on Stage festival 2008
Ministry of Education Germany ׀ think ING. ׀ TSB Technologiestiftung Berlin ׀ SIEMENS ׀ Stifterverband für die deutsche Wissenschaft ׀ Heidehof Stiftung
F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
Chair of Science on Stage