ProfileWrite an email
I have a degree in physics from the University of Crete and recently submitted my dissertation for a postgraduate course in the use of ICT in distance education.
I currently work as the coordinator of the 1st Laboratory Center for Science Education in Heraklion, Crete and my tasks include supporting primary and secondary school teachers. I learned about Science On Stage from the constant communication and encouragement of the Greek steering committee with all the schools in which I have served.
Also important for my decision was the fact that well-known colleagues from Heraklion as well as some of my best former students had already successfully participated in previous events.
What does being a teacher mean to you?
Being a teacher is not just the profession to which all others owe their existence but it is a great privilege since teachers come in daily contact with the most beautiful and healthy part of our society, their students.
What does Science on Stage mean to - in 3 words?
Enthusiasm, inspiration, togetherness.
Why should teachers participate in Science on Stage ?
They become part of the largest and ever expanding STEM teachers' network as they meet and collaborate with their colleagues from almost every part of the world. Thus they have, at no cost, the opportunity to acquire new knowledge and exchange good teaching practices, to improve their lessons and prepare their students in the best way to face the challenges of tomorrow.
Projects with Science on Stage:
- I am one of the authors of Coding in STEM Education brochure
- I participate in Sustainability in STEM Education project
- I provide teachers' trainings for Science On Stage Kazakhstan
- I have submitted two projects (Quake Alarm and Hydrometer) for Code League Competition
- Webinar on virtual electric circuits with Tinkercad
- STEAM and Robotics Trainer for Erasmus+ KA1 courses
- Coordinator of extracurricular STEAM activities for underprivileged students
- Mentor of the shortlisted team "CURIEosity" in the 2017 CERN Beamline for schools competition
- Mentor of the Greek delegation in European Cansat Competition (2014,2016)
Press articles about Astrinos: